Day 2 Started off strong. I was ready to stick to the diet and stay positive
My head was in better shape on this morning. The pounding had not returned, but concentrating was difficult. Writing was a challenge. Words were hard to come by.
I spent the morning working on various work projects and in the afternoon changed my focus to trip preparations.
The trip preparations took longer than I expected and I ended up leaving Continue reading Days 2-5 – Primal & Stone Mountain Trip
Food digest continued:
- Lunch was a small bowl of cooked steak with onions and green peppers.
- Afternoon snack was another small handful of cashews, pistachios, and two slices of swiss cheese.
- Dinner consisted of a salad: romaine, iceberg, radicchio, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and gorgonzola crumbles, and a healthy helping of London Broil
- Dessert – None, though I made a bowl of (very tempting) ice cream for my son, I chose not to have any.
My brain continued to feel sluggish Continue reading Day 1 – Continued
Like more than 35% of American adults, I struggle with my weight. I work a sedentary job and I live a mostly sedentary life. I spend the majority of my non-working time on a couch or in a recliner. I eat about 3 meals a day and sometimes I try to make them healthy.
A typical day’s meal
- Breakfast: Similar to a Bacon, Egg, & Cheese sandwich, my breakfast sandwich is usually either bacon or pork side (non-cured/not-salted almost bacon), fried egg, cheddar cheese, mayo, & sriracha on either an everything bagel or some whole grain bread/toast.
- Lunch: Leftovers from a previous night’s meal.
- Dinner: Usually just a meat and some veggies. Sometimes pasta with homemade tomato sauce or butter, garlic, and salt. Followed most nights by a bowl of ice cream or some adult beverages (beer, wine, whiskey).
Over the last 10+ years, I’ve watched my weight climb Continue reading Day 1 – primal diet à la Mark’s Daily Apple
Kelli suggested that we consider joining the Phat Aces ride to Chimney Rock. After thorough contemplation, about 5 minutes, I said hell yeah let’s go.
This will be our first ride in a group and our first big ride of the year. Excited and nervous. Riding in groups always makes me a little “extra” nervous. Continue reading Phat Aces trip to Chimney Rock
So, this year I’m going to try gardening again. Admittedly, I do the same thing every year.I start seeds. I get sprouts. I transplant. It gets hot outside and I neglect the plants. The weeds take over as the weeks pass and my vegetable garden becomes a dandelion garden.
Maybe this year will be different. Continue reading Another attempt at gardening